The AAU Vision
To offer amateur sports programs through a volunteer base for all people to have the physical, mental, and moral development of amateur athletes and to promote good sportsmanship and good citizenship.
To offer amateur athletes and volunteers opportunities to develop to their highest level through a national and local network of sporting events. Through participation in AAU, we achieve our dreams as athletes and as valued citizens of our communities.
Sports for All, Forever
The Tenets of TaeKwonDo
- Courtesy - Allows cooperation and generosity between yourself and those around you.
- Integrity - A firm belief in and compliance with a code of moral and artistic values.
- Perseverance - To persist in a state, enterprise or undertaking in spite of counter-influences, opposition, or discouragement.
- Self Control - The restraint exercised over one's own impulses, emotions, or desires.
- Indomitable Spirit - To be mentally and physically incapable of being subdued, surmounted, or conquered.
AAU TaeKwonDo Coaches
The AAU Taekwondo Online Coaches Certification is required annually in order to coach at any sanctioned AAU Taekwondo event, including non-qualifying tournaments. This certification is for the current competition year only (September 1, 2011 - August 31, 2012). Certification/Recertification is required each year. No one will be allowed to coach without successfully completing this online course. Anyone that will be 14 or older on 8/31/2012 may take this course and upon passing will be allowed to coach at any AAU Taekwondo event.